How many things would you love to try but stop yourself because you don’t know how to begin?
Do you avoid projects because of the pressure to do them well?
If so, feel free to join me and some of my most successful friends in our exclusive club of very special and talented people:
What’s an Imperfectionist?
• An Imperfectionist is often a recovering perfectionist.
• An Imperfectionist knows that getting something done is better than sitting back and waiting to do it perfectly.
• An Imperfectionist knows that being a Perfectionist is simply an excuse NOT to take action.
• An Imperfectionist congratulates herself for taking small steps.
• An Imperfectionist buys herself flowers when she accomplishes something – even if it’s not quite up to her ego’s high standards.
• An Imperfectionist knows that getting a scary thing done IS the reward. Not the kudos or adoration.
You Might Need to Become an Imperfectionist if…
• You tell yourself you need to get “just a little more information” before you’ll try something.
• You have a case of the “Used-to-Be’s.” (“I used to be so good at this!” Or “I used to be so thin!” Or, “I used to write everyday and now look…”)
• Your mantra to the world is: “I’m just so overwhelmed! There’s too much to do! It’s so hard to be me!”
• You call friends and co-workers to get sympathy for how hard it is to accomplish your goals and dreams. They often agree, citing how special you are because you have been given so much talent – and how it must be quite a burden.
• You spend more than one hour per day on Facebook, watching television, or not fully engaging in other addictive activities.
• At the end of every year, you wonder why you never seem to move any further towards your dreams.
• You are waiting for your POTENTIAL to finally kick in.
Why Becoming an Imperfectionist Makes You Successful and Happy
Being an Imperfectionist is an Intention.
When you become an Imperfectionist, you finally recognize your ego voice exactly for what it is: Your own personal Success Prevention Expert.
When you become an Imperfectionist, you finally realize how many Success Prevention Experts exist in the world.
When you become an Imperfectionist, you lower the bar – or better yet, remove it altogether. You can then create in the moment without any grade or standard. Ironically, this allows for such freedom and joy that you might end up doing a great job. (Or at least having a great time!)
When you become an Imperfectionist, you place your creative attention on the project or activity itself. You don’t waste it on obsessing about the outcome. (This paradoxically leads to a higher chance of greatness, and a definite outcome of happiness!)
When you become an Imperfectionist, you get things done imperfectly. You then learn that you can tweak and fix and try again. This process makes you Unstoppable.
When you become an Imperfectionist, you finally understand that there are no mistakes. Just judgments.
Becoming an Imperfectionist doesn’t mean you don’t become a master of your craft or your passion – but that’s not the starting goal.
How to Become an Imperfectionist
1 – Imperfectly pick one thing you keep telling yourself you want to do.
2 – If you read #1 and think, “I can’t possibly pick just one! There’s too many!” then do not proceed until you have picked just one.
3 – Get a timer, and set it to 55 minutes.
4 – Walk away from your computer right now and spend 55 minutes doing that very activity.
5 – Repeat #4 again tomorrow.
6 – Repeat #4 again every day after that until the item is complete.
7 – Celebrate the item’s completion with chocolate, flowers, or a manicure.
8 – Go back to #1 and start over.
An Imperfect List of Things You Can Do Imperfectly
• Imperfect Writing
• Imperfect Meditation
• Imperfect Yoga
• Imperfect Romance
• Imperfect Hiking
• Imperfect Vacations
• Imperfect Scrapbooking
• Imperfect Sex
• Imperfect Cooking
• Imperfect Dinner Parties
• Imperfect Bowling
Add your own items to this list as needed. Find a way to let yourself experience them without judgment. And listen to this recovering perfectionist when she tells you that your success is guaranteed when you live by this principle!
Disclaimer: The preceding article should be ignored by the following people:
Commercial airline pilots.
Want to make money in your business and still be totally authentic?
Download my FREE TRAINING, and learn the secrets of my very own Uplevel Fast Track Formula for making money… on your own terms and in your own way.