However, these infinite possibilities bring with them a whole bunch of very real questions. In fact, if you’re a business owner, one or more of the following questions may – even as you read this – be hanging out in your head, longing for someone to come along and answer it…
- Should my emails be long or short?
- Are ezines really dead… should I bother starting one?
- This coach over here told me you have to be “ubiquitous,” and be active on every social media – channel, is that true?
- Is it better to self-publish my book or try to get a publisher?
- They say that ugly marketing sells better than nice graphics… does that mean I should have an ugly website?
- A direct mail campaign worked for this company over here. Should I try a postcard mailing?
- I met a copywriter who writes blogs for seven different businesses. Should I keep writing my own blog posts – or just hire her?
- I want to build my mailing list, should I offer a free video series or an eBook?
Don’t see your question here? Go ahead and add it to this list because I’m about to give you the answer.
Really Christine? How can you give me the answer to my marketing question when it’s different from all of these questions?
Well, because the answer to each and every one of these questions (and probably to yours) is fairly simple.
Every single thing in your business depends on the following three things:
1 – WHO your client or customer is
2 – WHAT you offer
3 – WHERE you want to go in your business
Clarity in these three areas will dictate your choices in such a way that marketing becomes simple and profoundly effective. Yes, you still have to know what to do and how to do it. But you’ll no longer get freaked out when the newest bright shiny object comes along to tell you about the millions you’re losing because you aren’t doing this one thing. You can calmly rely on your clarity to guide you to keep your marketing simple. (And most marketing IS simple and doable…and maybe even a little boring! You just have to DO IT.)
In my Uplevel Your Business program, the first four modules is a deep dive into total clarity in these three areas of your business and your offer. Not until we’ve built this foundation do we go into marketing and selling. (The final six modules.) The reason for this is that people get better results when they know who they’re marketing to and communicating with – and what kind of value they bring to the world.
So now, go back and choose one of the questions above… just one. And look at it through the filter of your ideal client, of what you offer and of where you want to go. See if this doesn’t bring a clear answer to you. If you don’t have clarity in the WHO WHAT WHERE of your business – then THAT is where you must begin to focus.
Let’s talk here… does this make sense to you? If not, what is your resistance? If so, which of those three areas do you most need clarity in?
Want to make money in your business and still be totally authentic?
Download my FREE TRAINING, and learn the secrets of my very own Uplevel Fast Track Formula for making money… on your own terms and in your own way.