When I sit quietly, I create gratitude lists.
When I wake up in the morning, I mentally write Gratitude lists.
When I am scared or have anxiety, I begin listing my Gratitudes until the simple reminders shift my energy into the present moment and all it contains.
Gratitude is not just about Thanksgiving Day here in America. It’s about every day. It’s about reminding ourselves that we are so so so blessed to have this gift of life.
Here’s today’s 31 Flavors of Gratitude List. I encourage you to start your day with one of your own.
And please leave 1 or 2 (or 20) things for which you are grateful in the comments section and let’s create one giant reminder of the gift of this life we have been given.
I am Grateful…
1. That Mr. Patticus was in my life for a whole 13 years – even though I still miss him so much every day.
2. For blogs, computers, and the whole freakin’ internet – good, bad, ugly – what an amazing time we live in and what amazing tools we have.
3. For my terrific husband – who shows me everyday what love looks like – (and who sings the “Good Morning Song” to my dog along with me – even harmonizes!)
4. For Sheri McConnell – one of the many women I know who has courageously made her way out of circumstances that would’ve stopped most people in their tracks, and who challenges me to live my shiniest life.
5. For my Platinum Coaching Mastermind clients (who call themselves the Sylvias) – who taught me more about myself than they could know – and who have shown me what courage and success truly look like.
6. For my best friend Joy, who shows me constantly what presence, love and joy can do to the people in your life.
7. For my other best friend Kathy – who has this uncanny ability to remain unfazed by the crazies, the neuroses, and the fears – and who can rationally talk me through any of the aforementioned states of mind.
8. For the Enneagram, which has shown me the way out of my way – and helps me coach people out of theirs.
9. For Tarheels basketball, Dean Smith, Roy Williams, and Adam Lucas.
10. For Peanut M&M’s.
11. For my bookkeeper and accountant, and anyone who does numbers at all ever.
12. For Susan Lucibello – my awesome VA. And for VA’s all over the world!
13. For trillium, firepink, rhododendron, and all the subtle wildflowers that grow in the mountains here.
14. For Coffee. The smell of coffee. The Starbucks logo. The whole bleedin’ coffee culture and all of the insanity, obsession, and joy it brings!
15. For Organic farmers – and ANYONE who does this beautiful work with our earth to grow healthy vegetables without chemicals or pesticides.
16. For Martha Stewart – because the pictures in her magazines make me remember that there’s so much beauty in simple goodness. (And because she went to freakin’ PRISON – and came back stronger than ever. Think about THAT when you’re having a bad day in your business!)
17. For my friends Phil and Keith who are so funny and lovable that I make sure I carry my tiny notebook to all our dinners so I can write down what they say.
18. For songs that make me embarrassed to cry every time, like “There’s a Place in the World for a Gambler,” and songs that make me embarrassed that I know every word, like “Dancing Queen,” and songs that make me crank through a work out, like “Umbrella.” For songs at all. And the people who write them. And the people who produce them. (Speaking of which – my new CD is on iTunes now!)
19. For people who write books whose sole purpose is to entertain people like me.
20. For the feeling of writing – pen on paper – and the connection of heart to hands.
21. For Asheville, NC for being a place that showed my soul what the word “Home” means.
22. For bouquets of peach-colored tulips.
23. For Gracie and Billie and their antics, routines, and unpredictable moments of cat-ness.
24. For bulimia – cuz it taught me how to heal and be healthy.
25. That the Wide Awake Weekend was such a success, and so many people’s lives were changed here in Asheville.
26. For Apple Computers, the iPhone, and the fact that I can carry so much information and audio with me anywhere.
27. For silence and stillness of the woods on winter mornings.
28. For my mom who is possibly the most thoughtful (and the most stubborn!) person I’ve ever known.
29. For my dog who is happiness canine-ified.
30. For my brothers and sister and our great conversations.
31. For me – for taking that first chance and quitting an unhappy job, in spite of the terror and disapproval. And for never ever giving up on my own power to create this amazing life.
And a **BONUS** Gratitude: For YOU – my blog readers who faithfully read and comment and give me so many reasons to keep writing. Thank You!!!